To apply, send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
ActivSpaces is currently seeking an undergraduate or graduate to fill in the position of Administrative Support & Online Community Manager. The role will work with the Community Manager and report directly role Executive Director.
The Administrative Support & Online Community Manager will play a role in supporting the Executive Director with reporting, project writing and other Public Relations related tasks. In addition to undertaking general administrative tasks under the guidance of the Executive Director, the incumbent will be responsible for the all-important task of managing and growing ActivSpaces’ online community.
The Administrative Support & Online Community Manager will become the public voice and face of ActivSpaces – externally and internally – managing communications in both directions. The real value of this role lies in the Online Community Manager serving as a full-time liaison entrusted to connect with the public on a personal level, evangelize the mission and activities of the ActivSpaces and provide full and honest feedback to the Executive Director – hence the Board.
Applications closes Sunday, June 25th at Midnight (GMT+1).
Are you the right fit?
The applicant must be a highly self-motivated and digitally-savvy person who is responsible for a wide range of duties including, but not limited to, communications, public relations, blogging, social media, events planning, coordinating contractors, content creation, report writing, evangelism and advocacy of the works going on at ActivSpaces.
It is a ‘Web 3.0’ outreach and communications role, incorporating online tools and in-person networking to create relationships and ultimately build the ActivSpaces brand and increase its reach and effectiveness in the community it serves, both online and offline.
We don’t expect the person we hire to have ALL of the following, but hopefully this gives you a sense of the kinds of experience and skills that would ideally qualify and enable you thrive in this role and on our team. To summarize, the applicant must be burning with the desire to learn new skills and must possess excellent communication skills both written and spoken.
The incumbent is expected to possess the following qualities:
- Must be bilingual with good command in both written and spoken English and French.
- Very high attention to detail.
- Must enjoy entrepreneurship, learning, developing new skills and naturally curious.
- Capable of crafting and implement an effective social media strategy for an organization.
- Ability to track and interpret web analytics data.
- Fluency with social media tools such as Facebook and Twitter and possess a solid grasp of the best practices for use of these tools.
- Ability to write good business reports for varied organization stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- A desire for hard work and thriving on the excitement of being part of a goal-oriented team.
- Ability to work independently as a creative self-starter who loves running with ideas while keeping everyone inside and outside the organization in the loop.
- A desire to write, speak and share your ideas and the work of ActivSpaces with others.
- Ability to work long hours on the computer online or offline.
- Willingness to devote time online to stay up-do-date on the latest engaging tools and services for web-savvy users as well as non-technical people.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, SlideShare and related presentation tools and skills.
- Web authoring skills using blogging tools and content management systems such as WordPress or Drupal.
ONLINE COMMUNITY MANAGER DUTIES
- Drive the strategy for ActivSpaces online community.
- Continuously evolve, manage and grow the ActivSpaces community to meet the needs of our customers, partners, and prospects.
- Engage closely with members to consult on how to get the most value out of the community.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure an easy-to-use experience for visitors on our online platforms and generate contents to drive community engagement.
- Track and analyze key metrics to ensure active community participation and growth.
- Stay current with community trends and brainstorm/execute new ideas for digital marketing campaigns to foster community growth.
- Plan and manage conferences, meetings and related functions for Space.
- Prepare, coordinate and distribute agendas, minutes and other relevant papers and information.
- Lead the writing of business and other managerial reports to be delivered to stakeholders.
- Prepare formal correspondents phone calls, letter and email.
- Manage requests and accelerate urgent matters.
- Resolve administration issues by identifying solutions.
- Organize and update company files and records.
- Help establish good working relationships and direct reports to the team members to ensure management is provided with effective reporting support at all times.
- Identify and communicate with new business leads for the organization.
- Assist with creation, conception, and presentation of social media strategy and integrated marketing campaigns.
- Interpret the direction of strategy/planning and creative leads.
- Summarize insights and conversations to create actionable, community-facing reports that lead to optimization.
- Create and maintain Content Calendars, including writing Blog entries and posting updates to both the ActivSpaces’ social media accounts.
- Post relevant content in accordance with the Content Calendar on ActivSpaces’ website and other strategic partner platforms, e.g., VC4Africa and 1%CLUB.
- Review user-contributed comments and posts in an efficient and timely manner utilizing web resources.
Location: ActivSpaces office Buea (Silicon Mountain)
Compensation: Let’s discuss this
Start date: July 3, 2017
- 4 weeks paid vacation per year + 10 holidays + your birthday off.
- Telecommute allowed when physical presence at office is not necessary.
- Daily hugs from members of the team.
- Opportunity to travel for events and conferences abroad
ActivSpaces is a tech hub that runs centers aimed at providing resources to technology startups. We run two programs, an incubation program and an acceleration program
ActivSpaces is an open innovation hub for techies and tech communities in Cameroon.
We bring together tech communities and create Spaces where tech entrepreneurs come to learn, work and gain the support they need to bring their ideas alive.
Our mission is to collect, equip and nurture [young] Cameroonians to become successful tech innovators and tech entrepreneurs.
ActivSpaces operates 4 main programs in her capacity as a Tech Incubator, Coworking Space, Tech Community Animator and as an ICT Research and Innovation Laboratory we call ActivSpaces Labs.
ActivSpaces was created in April 2010 and currently operates two Innovation Spaces in Buea and Douala respectively, with Headquarter in Buea (aka Silicon Mountain). With a total of 10 passionate supporting staff, we currently incubate 31 startups (9 in Buea and 23 in Douala) and have organized and supported over five hundred and fifty tech events since debut.
To apply, send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org