The African Innovation Foundation (AIF) has announced the call for the 2014 Innovation Prize for Africa (IPA). The prize honors and encourages innovative achievements that contribute toward developing new products, increasing efficiency or saving cost in Africa. The prize also promotes among young African men and women the pursuit of science, technology and engineering careers as well as business opportunities with potentials of contributing to sustainable development in Africa.
The IPA is focused on:
• Mobilizing leaders from all sectors to fuel African innovation
• Promoting innovation across Africa in key sectors through the competition
• Promoting science, technology and engineering as a rewarding career path among African youth.
• Encouraging entrepreneurs, innovators, funding bodies and business development service providers to exchange ideas and explore innovative business opportunities.
The IPA anticipates contributing to the following outcomes:
- Increased commercialization of research and development (R&D) outputs in Africa
- Increased funding of start-ups, adoption of new and emerging technologies and accelerated growth of an innovative and dynamic private sector; and
- Increased economic activity and African led development that results in lasting impact
Applications for IPA 2014 close on October 31st, 2013 so get your innovations in now. Visit the IPA website for more information and updates about the competition and join their community on Facebook. You can also view and share this flyer for further details about IPA’s priority areas.
We hope to see more innovations from Cameroon compete for the prize this year. Entrepreneurs should feel free to reach out to us for application support at the hub.