The ActivSpaces community has seen strong growth over the last year and we continue to attract many of Cameroon’s best and brightest young techpreneurs. During this period we’ve hosted guests including Loren Treisman of Indigo Trust and Hilda Moraa on behalf of iHub Research, and had our first cross-border collaboration with the Co-Creation Hub Nigeria on a project coordinated by the Goethe Institute. Recently, ActivSpaces co-organized the 2012 Cameroon Startup Challenge, the first competition of its kind for Cameroon, which brought together the country’s top startup teams at a gala awards event. Meanwhile, exciting new corporate partnerships are coming online as we extend our support to the tech community in Douala.
To support this growth and the tech ventures that are emerging in both Buea and Douala, we are pleased to announce an open position for a full-time salaried Director of Business Development. This individual will work closely with our Community Manager to draft strategies with startups, implement business venture workplans and generally support the success of our entrepreneurs. The ideal candidate is an expert in coaching, mentoring and matchmaking, with experience in successfully bringing ideas to market. The Business Development Advisor has the following responsibilities:
- Preserve the founding principles of the ActivSpaces charter
- Champion the members of ActivSpaces and their successful growth
- Is an active coach and mentor to each member of the ActivSpaces community
- Establish work plans for each venture of ActivSpaces
- Monitor milestones and assist in their successful execution
- Conduct outreach and advise on partnership constructions for ventures
- Manage communication between alumni, existing members and external stakeholders
- Engage possible partners, funders and program support
- Generate, share and promote success stories
- Support the continued development of the ActivSpaces community in any way possible
- Has a background in technology and understands the African technology sector in particular;
- Has successfully built a technology company;
- Has working knowledge of the business structures and regulations specific to Cameroon and neighboring countries (Nigeria, Ghana, CEMAC states);
- Is a mentor and has shown ability to successfully support the development of entrepreneurs;
- Has a proven track record fundraising for startup organizations;
- Is a networker and leverages an extensive network of contacts;
- Has a track record building partnerships and bridges with public and private sector organizations;
- A background in finance and relevant work experience investing/facilitating investments in early stage technology companies;
- Shows strong management skills, controlling operational budgets and reporting;
- Has lived and worked in Southern, Eastern and/or Western Africa;
- Speaks French and English fluently.
Interested parties may apply by sending a CV and cover letter to email@example.com. This new hire is made possible by continued support from Indigo Trust.